As with any hobby, there are certain items you need to have on hand. I know a lot of people who want to start a paper crafting hobby so here are the top 6 items you want to get.
- Scissors — A couple good pairs of scissors are essential! I like this large Fiskar’s pair and a smaller pair from EK Success called Bee Scissors. They are my go to for fussy cutting items.
- A good sturdy metal ruler.–I like one with cork backing.
- Good cardstock and paper–For white or vanilla cardstock I prefer Stampin’ Up. There are many patterned papers I love, from digital as well as physical paper pads. Some of my favorites include Graphic 45, Ephemera Vintage Garden, Stampin’ Up Designer Series Paper, Tim Holtz, and Bo Bunny. I don’t like the thinner paper you can get at Michael’s or Joann’s because it is usually not sturdy enough. You can utilize “junk” paper such as mail flyers, old book paper, used or unused copy paper, even envelope
- A pen or pencil
- Glues–I use Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue, Aleene’s Quick Dry for my flowers, Mod Podge, Tombo Aqua, Elmer’s glue and glue sticks and Liquitex Matte Gel Medium. I also have a glue gun for certain creations. It really depends on what you are creating which one to choose.
- Tape–Scotch Double sided tape, Scor-tape are my favorites.
The next step items:
- Paper Trimmer
- Gel and Specialty Pens
- Colored Pencils
- Watercolor Paper
- Gloss Paper
- Alcohol Ink
- Specialty Paper
Just to name a few. I only recently started using Scor-tape as I thought it was too expensive. It lasts longer than my double stick tapes and hold books together! I love it and use it with Stack a Page mini albums.
Wondering what you need for a certain type of Papercraft? Feel free to leave a message below and I will point you in the right direction. That’s all for now.
Go craft something!