I made a video for you to follow along and join me for a Saturday of crafting! I sew the signatures into the cover of the junk journal. Let me know what you think!
Hi and welcome to my first Sufin Sunday! I want to show you some of the wonders I have found all over the internet!
It has been below zero here this week and all I can think about are hats, blankets and warm weather gear. I was excited when I found a new post from one of my favorite bloggers, LittleMonkeysCrochet. She has some adorable patterns on her blog and this new pattern is perfect for this time of year! You can never have enough slouchy hats! Find her newest Sandy Slouch here! So cute! (there is a matching cowl too!)
Since I am surfing for hats, here are 5 other hats for you to try out! Just follow the links to see what I mean.
1. Calleigh’s Clips has a basic crochet beanie, Sunset Slouchy Hat
2. Looking for a knitted version? Try Penelope Rae’s Perfect Slouch Hat. I love how chunky it is! Perfect for beginners too.
3. Another of my favorite bloggers is Zooty Owl. Her crocheted Roxi Slouch is gorgeous and thick! Definately needed in below zero temperatures!
4. Feeling fancy and want to knit and crochet? Well RAKJ Patterns has a great hat for you! The Dana Cable hat has the band knitted and the hat crocheted. I haven’t made one yet, but it is on my list!
5. Not a knitter or crocheter but you sew? You want to hit up Fleece Fun and her lovely FREE hat patterns. I quite enjoy the Rocker Trapper Hat. A wonderful unisex hat for the winter. I hope to make one soon! Be sure to look over her other fleece sewing patterns.
If you don’t already know about Mikey and his group The Crochet Crowd, you really need to check them out! The Crochet Crowd has many hat making videos on their youtube channel and free patterns on their blog page. If you are looking for something other than a winter hat, or a style other than slouchy, check out their site! Mikey is funny and very talented. He has mostly crochet, but also knitted, loomed and woven patterns and tutorials. So many things there, it is worth a look–daily!
I hope you enjoyed today’s Surfin Sunday! I will be back next Sunday with another edition. Don’t want to wait till Sunday? I will have Wacky Wednesday post for you! Or you can join me on Facebook at TinkerTailorSweaterSigh!
I am a lifelong crafter who knits, crochets, sews, makes jewelry and so much more. I can be consistently found with implements of creation in my hands at all hours of the day and night. Whether it is yarn, beads, needles, thread or spatchula, I am constantly cooking something up.
This year I have decided that I want to use the books, magazines, articles and online patterns I have accrued to create a project each week. I need to use the “good yarn” and the “nice beads” and my “fancy dishes” so here I am. To tinker and sigh over luscious materials and share my review of various patterns and supplies.
I will post every Friday a finished project from now till the end of December and see what I make throughout the year. My first project is for all those new to knitting, or those who want a lovely, quick, yummy item to make them sigh with warmth!
See you Friday!